In support of the Department of Statue Bureau of Consular Affairs the successful candidate will participate as member of the software devlopement team to provide technical expertise to maintain and enhance visa processing systems for non-citizen applicants.
In this role, the DBA will be responsible for developing innovative SQL & PL/SQL solutions to improve the performance, integrity and security of the clients databases in order to achieve the mission of the Department of State CA/CST and priorities of the client. The DBA will serve as a champion for driving data quality initiatives and pre-emptive production support and will quantify the client impact.
The DBA will:
• Write packages, stored procedures and functions, and triggers.
• Read, understand and improve upon existing SQL and PL/SQL code.
• Unit test code, and identify and fix bugs.
• Define and create data structures for schemas including tables, views, indexes etc.
• Assist in developing deployment scripts for releases.
• Analyze legacy data and production support issues; determine areas of improvement and propose remediation; execute pre-emptive data remediation; analyze and report the improvements/results.
• Generate weekly status updates, technical documentation, and milestone reports that show the benefits of data quality and pre-emptive data remediation.
The successful candidate needs to have 3 - 7 years of experience with developing, debugging and finding innovative solutions using SQL and PL/SQL code.